Free Instagram Story Templates, Backgrounds, and Questionnaire Bases.
Creating engaging Instagram Stories can be challenging and time-consuming especially if you are not design-tool-savvy. Sometimes you just want a couple of images that work as a base for your story and that you can personalize with text and GIFs. That’s why I decided to, every once in a while, create some backgrounds for Instagram stories and templates to get you started.
Free Instagram Story Backgrounds
Use these backgrounds for Instagram Stories where you want to share your own message, quote, or thoughts. You can also use these to get you started on your own template by using tools like Canva. Check below, where I tell you more about how to create your own Instagram story templates.
Instagram Templates for Stories
If you run a small business or create content for your own Instagram, sometimes you need Instagram Story templates to create anticipation, promote a sale, or just to invite readers to Like your new post. Here are some free templates to get you started:
Instagram Story Templates for Questionnaires
Have you seen some of those fun Instagram Story questionnaires around? Now you can create your own! You can use the native text feature to include a title or category and answer with GIFS! Or create a “This or That” Instagram template story, and select between two different options. Remember to not only share your answer but to share the original template so your readers can answer it too. Oh, and put your Instagram handle at the bottom, so people know you created it.
Creating Your Own Instagram Story Template
If you want to give it a try and design your own story templates, here I give you some tips that can also help you get started. The apps I recommend using to create these templates or bases are Canva and Adobe Spark. If you want to create them on your computer, consider using Affinity Designer or Adobe Products like Photoshop.
How to Make Instagram Story Templates
- Think about your strategy and the type of content you want to share. Do you want to share quotes? Promote posts on your feed? Promote sales at your store? Highlight an employee? Share your daily specials?
- Then decide on the colors, the font, and the style you want to go for.
- Use a design app or software to create the templates or backgrounds.
- You can use Canva or Adobe Spark on your phone or computer. These apps already have the size for Instagram story templates. You just have to play with colors, elements, and pictures.
- If you decide to use programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, or Affinity Designer the Instagram Story template size should be 1080px wide and 1920px tall.
- Once you are happy with the design, save them to your phone.
- Open Instagram, go to create a new story, swipe up, and find your template.
- There you are! Don’t forget to use other features like GIFs.
This time around I decided to use a basic black and white style as well as a style that uses the Pantone Color of the Year 2019, Living Coral. The font I used is called Hesterica and you can download it for free here. Is there a template you would like to see listed? Let me know in the comments or message me on Insta @thatleomartinez.